Friday, August 26, 2011

The 'Before' Shots



Oh do I have a treat for you. Most people have yet to hear the story of how my fiance and I met. People meet in all sorts of places, under all sorts of circumstances. And you never know when or where you'll find that special someone.

I started playing Second life at the end of 2007. I had heard about it through, of all things, an interesting (and I soon found out, very misleading) episode of CSI:NY. They were tracking down a killer through the virtual world of SL as if it was a big ol' game of hide and seek. The thing that made me so curious though was the ability to chat with other people through avatars the user made. You could literally look like anything or anyone you wanted. So I checked it out, and lo and behold, it existed. And into the virtual world I was sucked up, like Alice through the rabbit hole.

Eventually, through a lot of trials and errors in designing my avatar, I settled on a pretty little blue girl with white hair. Her name was (and still is, as I sometimes will return there to chat with old friends) Adelle.
I never left home without my green lipstick.


It was in this guise that Nathan met me. I met him about less than a year into playing. He started talking to me because I had such a different skin - the interesting thing about SL is that even though you can look like anything or anyone, people tend to stick to blond bombshells or amazonian brunettes. And here I was, fairly short and with the skin tone of a smurfette. His avatar looked a little more normal - a fairly tall, very well-built tattooed hottie. Yes, this is normal in SL.

It is also quite normal to go shirtless lol

What started off as a friendship quickly became more, as we took the leap from the virtual and started chatting on Skype, MSN, even on the phone. When even this was not enough, I took the leap and flew over to visit him in Vancouver. And the rest is history.

Neither of us was looking for that special someone, and I think that's what really made it work. Nothing was forced, or (too) rushed in that respect (i add the too, as I did end up going from having seen him just 2 weeks to literally living with him), and we became really great friends before becoming a couple.

I am really interested in learning your story! If you have a sweetheart in your life, how did you both meet?

Melody <3
p.s. still totally weird to wear a ring! Is this a dream??



No comments:

Post a Comment