Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hiya!

So.. if you do not know me.. that's fine. I am not anyone famous, or particularly special in any way.. I am simply Melody.

I am currently living in beautiful Surrey, British Columbia. I moved here just a few days ago, after living my entire 23 and a half years of life in Montreal, Quebec. I left my loving family and friends behind to do this. Why, you ask? Why such a move!? Why seclude yourself, albeit in a gorgeous province, alone and nearly lost? Simple. I did it for love!

Truth is I fell in love with a guy online. Crazy, I know. I have been given that title a lot lately. I have known him for a good year now, we were friends, met in a virtual world, under odd circumstances.

In May I went to visit him, here, in Surrey, and stayed for a week. The week went by too fast. Talk about intense. We were both crazy for each other. Then he came to see me in Montreal last month. He met my family, and by then most of our family members knew our devotion to each other. It was then I made my decision to move. I got rid of a good 95% of my possessions, said au revoir to Montreal and all I know and landed here.

So, how many people could say they would go through all this trouble for love? I mean honestly, drop it all, all of it, the cushy job, the amazing friends, the loving family, and end up in a place where you know no one, can't find your way around your own house, and are jobless?

This is the start of my life's adventure. Haven't you ever craved more from your life? Sat your butt down and wondered, dreamed, regretted? I had been doing that for too long. Now I feel more alive than ever before. I am going after my heart's desires!

If you are looking to follow me on my adventure, well then, stick around!

Although, to be honest.. not everyday is a roller-coaster ride of excitement.. Today is mostly spent wondering where I will fit all of my stuff, how the heck we can accumulate so much dirty dishes in two days, where this supposed "heat wave" is at, where to apply first for a job, and what's for dinner!

Toodles for now, this house-kitty is off to try to finish these dishes, if it kills her!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats for landing in the beautiful city of Surrey! Now let the wonderful adventure of life take you were to want to go!

    ReplyDelete